Building Inspections for the City of Renton,WA - Lead Paint and AsbestosAuthor: Pacific Northwest Inspections Group, LLC Date: 27-May-2014. Category: Asbestos Add to Favorites
Former Renton, WA Landlords cited for serious violations of Federal Lead Rules
Release Date: 05/02/2006
Contact Information: Javier Morales, (206) 553-1255, firstname.lastname@example.org Tony Brown, (206) 553-1203, email@example.com
Tenants not informed of lead paint hazards; residents included young children
( Renton, WA. - May 2, 2006) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has filed a complaint against former Renton landlords Stanley Xu and Longwell Company, alleging they failed to notify their tenants that lead-based paint could pose serious health threats to children or pregnant women. Longwell Company managed the Sunset Vista Apartments located at 10406 SE 174th in Renton, WA. Each violation carries a maximum penalty of $11,000.
EPA’s complaint alleges the named parties committed 60 violations of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992 and Disclosure Rule for violations including:
- failure to provide tenants with a Lead Warning Statement disclosing the health hazards associated with lead-based paint and/or lead-based paint hazards;
- failure to notify the tenants of either the presence of known lead-based paint and/or lead-based paint hazards or a lack of knowledge of such presence;
- failure to provide any records or reports to the tenants regarding lead-based paint and/or lead-based paint hazards or a statement that no such records exist;
- failure to provide signatures of the landlord and tenants certifying to the accuracy of their statements along with the dates of signature; and
- failure to provide their tenants with the EPA-approved lead information pamphlet entitled Protect your Family from Lead in Your Home and a statement affirming receipt of the EPA-approved lead information pamphlet.
City of Renton Asbestos Demolition Information